GST registration has started..!!
Register GST online and stay ahead on GST compliance!
For existing as well as new taxpayers who have not yet enrolled or have activated their account but not submitted the application, the enrolment window will reopen on 25th June 2017 and continue for 3 months.
Who all need to get GST registration?
Any person (individual or entity) that fulfills any of the following conditions needs to get GST Registration compulsorily:
- Having an annual aggregate turnover from operations in a state which is above the threshold limit of Rs. 20 Lakhs (Rs. 10 Lakhs for North-Eastern States).
- Currently registered under any of the existing indirect tax regimes (VAT, Excise Laws, Service Tax Laws) irrespective of the threshold limit.
- Having operations in multiple states (see below).
- Having multiple business verticals in one state (see below).
- Persons making any Inter-State taxable supply(e.g. from Delhi to Maharashtra).
- Casual taxable persons & Non-resident Taxable person.
- Persons who are required to pay tax under Reverse Charge.
- Persons who are required to deduct tax at source.
- Agents of a supplier.
- Input Service Distributor.
- Persons who supply goods or services through E-commerce Operator.
- E-commerce Operator/ Aggregator who supplies services under his brand name (e.g. Flipkart, Amazon).
- Supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered taxable person.
Have Questions? Have free discussion on E-mail
GST Registration Process
You can use easeURbusiness services for GST registration or you can do the registration via the GST portal yourself. To register for GST via easeURbusiness, you just need to make online payment and we will take care of the rest. To register yourself, you can follow the following steps:
☞ Log in to the online GST Portal (www.gst.gov.in).
☞ Fill Part-A of Form GST Registration form 1
☞ You will receive an application reference number on your mobile and via E-mail.
☞ You will then need to fill the second part of the form and upload the required documents according to the business type
☞ Finally a certificate of registration is issued to you by the department
☞ In case of errors and questions, you may need to visit the department
☞ Produce the documents within 7 working days along with GST REG-04.
☞ The office may also reject your application, if he finds any errors. You will be informed in form GST REG-05 of GST registration regarding the same.
GST? Know more about GST at our blog
Guidelines for Taxpayers
- Note that your provisional ID will be your
- Taxpayers who have received Acknowledgement Reference Number (ARN) will be able to download the Provisional Registration Certificate at GSTN Portal from 27th June 2017.
- If the enrollment form has been saved with all details but has not been submitted with DSC, E-Sign or EVC then the ARN will be sent at the registered email ID, if the data given is successfully validated after 27th June 2017. In case of validation failure (PAN not matching), login will be activated at the portal from 27th June 2017 onwards to correct the errors.
- Partially completed enrollment form can also be completed after the mentioned date.
- New registrations under GST for other than existing Taxpayers who wish to register would be allowed at the GSTN portal from 25th June 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Having an annual aggregate turnover from operations in the state which is above the threshold limit of Rs. 20 Lakhs (Rs. 10 Lakhs for North-Eastern States)
- Currently registered under any of the existing indirect tax regimes (VAT, Excise Laws, Service Tax Laws) irrespective of the threshold limit
- Having operations in multiple states (see below)
- Having multiple business verticals in one state (see below)
- Making any Inter-State taxable supply
- Casual taxable persons & Non-resident taxable persons
- Required to pay tax under Reverse Charge
- Required to deduct tax at source
- Agents of a supplier
- Input Service Distributor
- Supplying goods or services through E-commerce Operator
- E-commerce Operator/ Aggregate who supplies goods or services under his brand name (e.g. Flipkart, Amazon, Ola)
- Supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered taxable person
- Agriculturists supplying produce out of cultivation land
- Persons falling within Threshold Exemption Limit
- Persons making Nil-Rated/ Exempt supplies of goods and services
- Persons making Non-Taxable/ Non-GST supplies of goods and services
- Activities that are neither Supply of Goods nor Services
- Persons making only supplies covered under reverse charge
- File summarized returns on a quarterly basis instead of multiple monthly returns
- Pay tax only to a maximum of 2% for manufacturers, 5% for restaurant service sector and 1% for other suppliers
- Cannot collect any tax from or issue tax invoice to customers
- Cannot avail input tax credit
- deals only in the intra-state supply of goods (or service of only restaurant sector)
- does not supply goods that are not leviable to tax
- has an annual turnover below Rs. 75 Lakhs (Rs. 50 Lakhs for North Eastern States) in preceding financial year
- shall pay tax at normal rates in case he is liable under reverse charge mechanism.
- not supplying through e-commerce operator
- not a manufacturer of – ice cream, pan masala or tobacco (and its substitutes)
- Migrated Taxpayers: Any taxpayer who has migrated from earlier laws and has been granted provisional registration certificate can file an application under Form GST CMP-01 and further details in Form GST CMP-03 within 30 days after 1st July 2017.
- New Taxpayers: Any person who is liable to register under GST Act after 1st July 2017 can file Form GST REG-01 and choose his option to pay composition amount in the New Registration application.
- Existing Taxpayers: Any taxpayer who is registered as normal tax payer under GST regime shall file an application under Form CMP-02 to opt for Composition Scheme at least 7 days prior to the commencement of financial year for which the option to pay tax under composition is exercised.